I’ve been hanging to share this project for a long time. Discover how I helped fund a life size car made from Lego that’s powered by compressed air. Pretty cool huh? But before I get into the details, check out the video!
Super Awesome Micro Project Facts for you:
- More than 500,000 LEGO pieces were used.
- The car engine is made from standard Lego pieces and runs on air!
- The engine has four orbital engines and a total of 256 pistons.
- Top speed around 20-30km
- It was built in Romania and shipped to a secret location in suburban Melbourne.
- It’s a Hot Rod design, mainly because hot rods are cool.
Keen to find out more? Visit: www.superawesomemicroproject.com
Now what does this have to do me? Well not only was I one of the original fundraisers but I also donated some of the team’s time from MelbourneVideoProduction.com.au. You can also read a little more about it and listen to an interview I did with Raul Oaida (the car’s architect) here: Life Size Lego Car Powered by Air MP3 Interview.